1. My go to outfit for a dress-up occasion like a wedding is a black dress. It's the perfect dress for just about anything .
2. This week has beenbusy, but fun. I had a busy week at work, but finished the week off with a Six Flags trip with our church youth group .
3. When it's dinnertime and I'm feeling lazy I'll usually eat a salad.
4. My favorite pair of shoes ismy strappy gold-ish sandals. I wear them with everything.
5. A random item that I own that is completely unnecessary, but that I could never part with is my glasses with no prescription in them. I got them a couple years ago, so I could "look cool" wearing glasses, and I just can't bring myself to throw them out for some reason .
6. My favorite person ismy husband of course. And also my parents, and my friends .
7. If I were going to write my own blank it would say oh my goodness I have no idea! Haha .
Don't forget to link up over at Lauren's if you forgot to on Friday like me! ;)
I also get one day off per week. (this doesn't make up for the long hours I work, haha) But don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my job! I work at a veterinary clinic, and get to be around animals all day. What's not cool about that? :)
As you might have read in my previous post, Ian and I just recently got back from the beach on Monday, and boy was it a much need vacation! I can't believe that it had been, err, at least 6 years since I had been to Panama City Beach or Destin, FL. It was nice to finally get some R&R.
Panama City was our first stop...and we stayed at the most adorable little two story condo, owned by a friend's mother. It was like a cute little duplex that we had all to ourselves! It had the most adorable little details all throughout...and I loved the pops of color!
There's no better feeling than knowing that you don't have to go to work, but instead, you get to sleep in, then go lay on the beach for as long as you'd like. (that is, until you get burnt, ha)
Did I mention that I love palm trees? :)
We also saw some crazy weird jelly fish washed up on the beach. Does anyone know that this thing is? So creepy looking.
Fun fact #1: Ian cannot go to the beach without eating Taco Bell for lunch at least one day. :)
Fun Fact #2: We also cannot go to the beach without getting Dippin' Dots.
We had some of the most amazing meals while we were in Florida...and spent way too much money on food also...haha.
Restaurant - The Back Door
::Me - bronzed chargrilled amberjack::
::Ian - lobster stuffed mahi mahi::
Restaurant - Captain Anderson's
::Me - famous grilled bay shrimp::
::Ian - best steak I've ever tried::
::Nutela & cream gelato::
::Pretty flowers outside gelato shop::
Captain Anderson's was one of the yummiest places that we ate while we were still in Panama City. You can even watch the boats coming in as you eat. :)
While we were in Panama City, we also stopped to watch this thing...called "the Slingshot" which I actually did in high school...and it was SO much fun. No, I didn't do it this time haha.
Like I mentioned before, I hadn't been to Panama City Beach in like 6 years until last week, so I had no idea about Pier Park. Pier Park was a huge shopping center full of neat shops and restaurants...and what was super cool about it, is that there was a carnival there!
So after our two days in Panama City, we drove over to Destin/Ft. Walton Beach, FL and stayed in an AWESOME hotel/suite there for the rest of the time.
They had the most awesome pool that overlooked the intercostal...
Talk about Heaven...mmm. :)
We also found a place in Destin called the "Harborwalk Village" that was full of shops and restaurants, and it was right on the water. It kind of reminded us of River Street in Savannah, GA, but more fun since it was on the beach. :)
::One man band playing outside at Harborwalk Village::
On Sunday morning, Ian lead worship at a church in Ft. Walton Beach called Beachside. It was awesome! We met some really cool people, who I know that if we lived closer would be really good friends. Oh, and did I mention they were hilarious? :)
So, as you can tell, we had a great time just being able to get away for a few days...and not have to worry about anything but laying on the beach and eating good food. (the hard life huh?) That being said, we are happy to be back at home!