Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  photo ourbabygirl_zps9a877a24.png Photobucket

Monday, December 6, 2010

Flawnt It

 
Hi! My name is Jenna, and you may or may not know me from my blog The Indecisive Organizer. I was so thrilled when I saw Sarah's comment on one of my posts asking if she could feature me in her Flawnt It series, that I started typing right away!

So...here's my story!

All through middle school, I was made fun of for my big nose. All the time. Here are just a few of the nicknames I acquired during that time:
 
 Gonzo
Hose Nose
"Nosey O'Donnell"

Yeah. It was bad. There was even one point where this very mean boy in one of my classes would say, "Hey Jenna!" and whenever I turned to look at him...he would say, "OHHH MY EYE MY EYE!" How awful is that? I was embarrassed, and traumatized. I began casually looking at how much it would be to "fix" my big nose. Surgery scared me to death, but I couldn't go all the way through high school being called those horrible names. Don't worry...I never had nose surgery! Haha. I know this is horrible, but I do remember editing my pictures in Photoshop to make my nose smaller. Yes, I'm serious.

It wasn't until I graduated high school and started college that I began to really embrace my nose. I still joked about surgery to my family and friends...but something kept telling me, "you were made this way for a reason." There is a small part of me that thinks as I have gotten older, my face has actually grown to my nose...haha, but I really have learned to embrace the fact that God made me the way I am for a reason...and who am I to want to alter or change that? Besides...I wouldn't be me, if I didn't have my nose!

Enjoy the OLD pictures!
And don't forget to read the takeaway at the bottom of the post. :)







So what's the take away from this post? Love yourself. You were made the way you are for a reason, and there is nobody in the world just like yourself. Flawnt it! :)



Signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails