Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  photo ourbabygirl_zps9a877a24.png Photobucket

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Got a Big Girl Job!

Yep. That's right! I got a big girl job! I am now working full time as a veterinary assistant, and so far, I love it! I've only been there 1 1/2 days, and this is what I've done so far:

Cleaned kennels
Walked/washed several dogs
Held 2 day old puppies as their tails were cut off (so sad!)
Assisted vet w/ a spay surgery on a cat (almost passed out)
Gave vaccinations to dogs
And more!

I know right?! It's really a cool job though! *You probably want to know more details about the almost passing out thing above...so I will explain. I was helping doc do a spay surgery on a cat, and had just finished helping (I was just standing there at this point), and all of the sudden, I can't see straight, I can't hear hardly anything, and I had to leave the room before I fell on the ground. LOL! What's weird is...I wasn't nautious, the surgery didn't bother me, and I have NEVER been lightheaded or passed out in MY LIFE! It just hit me! Weird huh? Anyway...it's an ongoing joke now in the office. (refer to Bine's comment on this post)*

*Added after original posting. :)

What's awesome is, I get to wear scrubs every day which is basically like wearing pajamas to work...and what's even better, is that the girls that I work with are amazing! They are super nice and made me feel welcome and extremely comfortable on my first day. I don't know if any of them will ever read this, but thank you Bine, Amanda, and Krista! Bunches! Oh and of course Doc. :)

I am extremely blessed to have a job, and I am super excited about the upcoming events in mine and Ian's life together! We are getting ready to build a house (which hasn't really hit me yet), and I am ready to start decorating! Right now, our bedroom doesn't really have a color theme (well maybe a little brown and green) so I want to change it up a little bit when we move. I am obsessed with the robin's egg blue color, and chocolate brown...so here are some inspiration pictures for our master bedroom:

The walls here might be a little too turquoise...but you get the picture. :)

This one's a little better. I want to paint the back wall the robin's egg color.

Not quite sure about the bathroom yet...but I absolutely love the color!

Perfection. :)

Love it!

Now I'm off to go get some more scrubs! :)




Sig2diff



6 comments:

Bine said...

Hey Jenna , this is one of your new big girl full time job co worker and you should know that yes i will read your blog from now on ... lol.. and thank you for the nice stuff you said ... hmmm about the chocolate color thing , well you should know what i think about that ... and hey you forgot the best part in your blog ..... light headed ...lol... sorry i had too .. well i cant speak for everybody at work but i have been enjoying my self too with the "new coworker " .. i like that you with us and i guess i up my bet to 12 month ....lol ... love BINE

Anonymous said...

Thats so exciting! How did you find the job? Were you going to school for it?

A Scoop Full of Spark said...

Haha! Bine you are hilarious! You get to clean up the chocolate next time. ;) And yes...I was going to mention the lightheaded thing and I completely forgot! So, I will do it now. Haha. And by the way, I meant every word I said. :)

Justinee - I found the job in the newspaper and just applied! I have a Health Science degree. So it's not a degree specifically for that, but it works! Haha. I like it. :)

Stephanie said...

congrats on the big girl job!!! sounds great!

A Scoop Full of Spark said...

Thanks Stephanie! :)

Rhianne said...

congrats on your new job! And I love that colour blue, so pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails