Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  photo ourbabygirl_zps9a877a24.png Photobucket

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Just not the Same?

Have you ever randomly remembered something you used to have or do as a kid and thought, "I forgot all about that! I need to get/do that again?" I think at some point, we all have. I remember going to the Girl's Club in Phenix City as a kid and always getting cinnamon Mentos because I LOVED them...and I haven't had them in YEARS because I thought they stopped making them. The only ones I would see in stores were the mixed fruit (which are okay) or the mint (yuck). It made me SO sad.

But...GUESS WHAT?!?!
Ian and I went to Winn Dixie tonight to get some sherbet (we are on a sherbet kick), and guess what was in the checkout line?! Yes!
CINNAMON MENTOS!


I cannot express in words how happy my heart was. (IS!)
I only got three rolls (and ate one on the way home), but I plan to go back and get more...lots more! Gosh...I just love em'!

On the other hand...

Not too long ago, I had this same feeling about something that I used to have in middle school that I absolutely loved at the time, and the outcome wasn't as pleasant as I would've thought. Does anyone remember these???
Well, in middle school, all my girlfriends and I had these lip balms because they LITERALLY tasted like candy! I can remember guys stealing them out of our purses to eat them. Yes...eat them. That's how good they tasted!

So I decided a few months back to go get some, because like I said, I had completely forgotten about them! So I went to Target, which is where I used to get them from, and then to Walgreens, CVS, etc, and I found...NOTHING. I was so sad that I couldn't find them anywhere until I looked online and found some on Amazon.com! So I know you can guess what I did then...yep! Ordered them.

I couldn't wait for them to get here. So I waited and waited, and FINALLY, they arrived! I couldn't wait to try them out so of course the first thing I did was open each one and taste them.

Not what I expected. AT ALL!

I was so disappointed! I remembered them tasting so much better than that. I mean, they taste good...but not like I remembered. They are probably all OLD on Amazon because they are discontinued and so they have been around for years! Duhhhhh Jenna. I would have rather remembered them how they used to taste in middle school! Haha! Okay I know I'm a nerd...and you probably could care less about any of this...but I just had to blog it!

So tell me, have you had any experiences like this? Wanted to re-live a moment you had when you were younger and realized...it just wasn't the same? Give me some feedback! :)



Sig2diff
BrownRicRac

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails