Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  photo ourbabygirl_zps9a877a24.png Photobucket

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Superbowl Sunday

Yesterday evening, Ian and I were talking about the Superbowl and all the commercials involved. He had a profound thought, and I figured I would share it with you. 

Ian said:
"Have you ever thought, what if during the Superbowl the money spent on commercials went toward a good cause and the screen just went black? People get up during the commercials anyway, whether it's to go to the bathroom, grab something to eat or whatever it is they do."

Then he said:
"Isn't it sad to see how we use our money? Imagine the difference we could make if commercial money went to a good cause."

I was like, "WOW." Can you imagine HOW MUCH money goes into all the commercials during the Superbowl?...and how much of that COULD be going to a better cause? Like to Haiti, etc??? Something to think about. I think it's ridiculous. Then, I saw this on Twitter:

@worldvisionusa For the cost of 1, 30-second #SuperBowl ad, #WorldVision could build 76 health clinics: http://bit.ly/BuildHealthClinic

Another thing is...I am SOOOOO glad they have decided to air the commercial about Tim Tebow. PLEASE Stand for what is RIGHT not necessarily what is FUNNY. Go vote for Tebow's Pro-Life commercial tonight. http://www.youtube.com/adblitz


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails