Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  photo ourbabygirl_zps9a877a24.png Photobucket

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Things I Should Tell Myself More Often

Dear Jenna, (self)
I've been thinking lately, and I feel there are several things you need to know.
Here goes nothing:

1. You are beautiful. (yes, even when you have a fat day)
2. You are a child of God. He loves you, and He thinks you are beautiful.
3. Don't listen to the voice in your head that says you aren't pretty.
4. Curvy girls are pretty too.
5. Just because you have a bad hair day, doesn't mean you have to be in a bad mood the rest of the day.
6. Just because something is healthy doesn't mean eat 10 of them.
7. You haven't exercised in 2 months. So what?
8. You are good enough.
9. You are blessed.
10. You need to be more thankful for the people/things in your life.
11. Let God know that you appreciate what He has given you!
12. Step out of your comfort zone!

Yeah I'm insecure, a lot. It drives me crazy. It drives Ian crazy. I need to get better about it.
Is there anything that you need to tell yourself more often?

PS - I had a really fun weekend! I'm gonna blog about it hopefully tomorrow. Lots of fun pictures! Check back. :)

4 comments:

Alely said...

you have been fearfully and wonderfully made! you are beautiful! i'm glad you had a fun weekend

Amanda said...

I recently finished Beth Moore's book "So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us". I had never realized just how insecure I was, haha. But it's actually been a really growing experience, putting my finger on things I do that grow out of a root of insecurity, then reminding myself where my security (and worth!) comes from :)

I should copy/paste this, because I should send a "Dear Amanda" letter just like it :)

A Scoop Full of Spark said...

Thanks Alely! Amanda, I have heard good things about that book! I think I will go get it...tomorrow. Yep. Haha. It's crazy how insecurity affects our lives. I'm ready to make a change in the way I look at myself. Thank you both for commenting! It means a lot! :)

Mandy said...

Love this post! We can be so tough on ourselves in wondering if we are enough....just the way we are. Love the blog also!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails